PDA

View Full Version : Portal - can it be done?

mihaip007
2 Jun 2010, 12:46 PM
Hi...!

Is there a way to create a portal like in the examples folder? Using the designer?

Also - is there a way to add a browser-like panel for displaying thumbnails? Similar to http://extjs.funkar.nu/ext-2.2/examples/explorerview/ ?

Thanks...!
Mihai

jarrednicholls
3 Jun 2010, 5:35 AM
The portal example is very "outside" of the Ext JS proper..there is a lot of custom components and logic involved to power the Portal example. Likewise with the explorerview example, which is a custom grid view. Generally, these types of comopnents that are far outside the "out-of-the-box" boundaries can only be built by hand. The Designer is being architected to support the import & use of such custom components on the Designer canvas. But to actually build such components is not a task for the Designer.

Hope that helps!

mihaip007
3 Jun 2010, 10:52 PM
I hear you man...! I expected that anyway, but I simply cannot wait to have the components imported in the near future...! It would be giving so much more value to the designer...! :)

By the way - I have been bugging the extjs dev team for quite sometime now! Any chance one could have the browser-like panel built INTO the core?

I tell you why - because when new versions of ExtJS appears then the component might break-up because it is a third party. I find it a rather useful feature for application layouts...! :)

Thanks for the great support...!