PDA

View Full Version : problem with jsclass renaming

mihaip007
3 Jun 2010, 1:18 AM
Hi...!

There is something strange hapenning when I create a new project that contains a viewport (border) with three panels. The moment I call the jsClass to my own name, then save the project, and export it, the browser returns a firebug error (breakpoint) at the moment where it renders to "body"..! And the page is blank...

Is there a bug or am I doing something wrong? The moment I do the same thing without renaming the jsClass, then everything is right....!

Thanks..

adhoul
3 Jun 2010, 3:54 AM
what name did you have before (working) and what name is the one that isn't working?

also, have you checked the names on the generated files? (there must be a .ui.js , a .js , an xds_index.html and an xds_index.js or sth) check to see which names are given the the components in there.

i remember i've seen some errors occur having to do with the names being given in the exported classes such as

var viewport = viewport

but in that case the error message would be "viewport is not a constructor"

so, maybe,

give some more details (code?)

jarrednicholls
3 Jun 2010, 5:47 AM
Thanks adhoui for the response, that very well could be the case. The other issue could be the name is namespaced, which isn't supported at this time. We hope to get that in there soon, as well as resolve name collisions. We suggest following the JS/Ext standard of CamelCase with a capital letter at the beginning.

mihaip007
3 Jun 2010, 10:50 PM
AHA! I think you got it hehehe! my name was "ioApp"...! I haven't checked but you seem to know something I don't hehehehe...!

Thanks guys...! :)

P.S.

By the way - there was a snotty message on the forums about someone wanting their money back for the fact that there was no manual or support with the designer. I would like to testify that the support I get from this forum is absolutely incredible! Thanks you guys...! :)