PDA

View Full Version : Help trying to get a working project

mihaip007
6 Jun 2010, 2:17 AM
Hi...!

So I have played a lot with the designer and it's a great tool. But now I want to take it to the next level: design and implement a little project.

I want to create the portal example by using the designer, and then hard-code the application...!

I have tried a few things, but am getting stuck on how to introduce a component to the center panels. I mean a tab of the xtype "portal". Which js do I work in? What kind of scripting must I use? You can see from all this that I am rather lost! :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated...!

Thanks guys...

jarrednicholls
7 Jun 2010, 5:16 AM
A custom xtype can be introduced in the implementation code file (.js, not .ui.js) of your exported project. The Designer is going to allow the ability to place custom User Components into the Designer canvas (they will need a component configuration file to "describe" the component...more details will come when this feature is released). Also, we will have a simple "User Component" item in the Toolbox that will act as a placeholder for custom xtype's. So these two features will be coming soon at a later date.

But in the meantime, you can add your custom components in the implementation file. If you need a placeholder on the Designer's canvas (e.g., to fit/size things correctly), you can add a dummy BoxComponent or Container. If you use a BoxCmp you can replace it with your custom component in the implementation file. If you use a Container, you can just add your custom component to the Container in the implementation file, and set the Container to a "fit" layout.