PDA

View Full Version : E2CS Event Calendar on 3x (0.0.16)

cmendez21
10 Jun 2010, 3:32 PM
July 13 2010

Version 0.0.17 has been released .- this new release has a new event/tasks drawing type (not 100% accurate but makes the work) see details at :

English: http://e2cs.mm-mendez.com/?p=198&language=en
Spanish: http://e2cs.mm-mendez.com/?p=198&language=es

Version 0.0.16B has been released .- many bug fixes (for IE 50% of them)

--------------------------

Hi everyone , after a long absence from the extjs forums due to illness i'm back :D and also have released the version 0.0.16 compatible with 3x of extjs2x - e2cs calendar (Extjs 2x thread here (http://www.extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?37241-E2CS-EventCalendar-%28v0.0.16%29))

For those who does not know the calendar here's some description:

E2CS calendar is a scheduling tool created originally on extjs 2x it has: Month view, Week View, Day view, Schedule view (time-line), also you can retrieve data from any source (if extjs reads it the calendar does to)

:) You can check demos and download the source at our website (also documentation available on web and Air version) also check our website here: http://e2cs.mm-mendez.com

Now a days we are currently supporting worldwide the calendar (France, Uk, Germany, USA, México and more)

Also we are developing a total new version from scratch that will have many more enhancements features (theme support) and so on, so don't feel desperate if the features you want aren't yet. Also we are trying to make this new version have it working for Web, AIR and Mobile devices (with some special views).

NOTE:
0.0.16 is on beta stage yet, Hope you can suggest, report issues and so on. Also read the readme.txt file included on the package. Also some sample files need modifications in order to work on 3x.

:D Enjoy..!

wemerson.januario
10 Jun 2010, 6:11 PM
Thanks for sharing. I will test.

pcr
17 Jun 2010, 12:31 AM
Hi Carlos,

I have troubles with the drag and drop of tasks in dayview. in FF, Chrome and Safari the ghost of the task while dragging is not showed. In IE it works perfect.
Another issue is that some (custom) themes do not show the south draghandle. If I swith the app to such theme the handle is showed. But after half a second its covered by the taskcolor.
I tried a lot to invastigate with firebug why these 2 things do not work. I cant find it. Do you?

cmendez21
17 Jun 2010, 11:21 AM
Hi Carlos,

I have troubles with the drag and drop of tasks in dayview. in FF, Chrome and Safari the ghost of the task while dragging is not showed. In IE it works perfect.
Another issue is that some (custom) themes do not show the south draghandle. If I swith the app to such theme the handle is showed. But after half a second its covered by the taskcolor.
I tried a lot to invastigate with firebug why these 2 things do not work. I cant find it. Do you?

Gonna check this issues, Also can you tell me which theme you're testing so i can test it (theme bundled in extjs or other free theme) ?

pcr
20 Jun 2010, 3:05 AM
Carlos,

The disappearing draghandles are on custom themes I downloaded from the forum. They are created with a tool thats floating around in the forums.
I discovered that you can drag the ghost outside of the window. In other words it is not clipped by the window.
Another issue with the ghost is that the ghost is behind the window where the calendar is in. By dragging out of the window you can see the ghost-image.

cmendez21
21 Jun 2010, 6:13 PM
Carlos,

The disappearing draghandles are on custom themes I downloaded from the forum. They are created with a tool thats floating around in the forums.
I discovered that you can drag the ghost outside of the window. In other words it is not clipped by the window.
Another issue with the ghost is that the ghost is behind the window where the calendar is in. By dragging out of the window you can see the ghost-image.

HI PCR Do you have the link ?
i cant find it the tool theme creation (:|

Also about the Ghost i cant find yet how to avoid this cause this happens due to the body contained for the day (which is larger than the space occupied by the calendar panel) If you have a clue please let me know about this

cmendez21
13 Jul 2010, 2:55 PM
Version 0.0.16B and version 0.0.17 are released check them out at

English: http://e2cs.mm-mendez.com/?p=198&language=en
Spanish: http://e2cs.mm-mendez.com/?p=198&language=es

Fallen Zen
16 Jul 2010, 4:35 AM
Can your calendar fit my needs?
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?104403-Simple-editable-calendar-from-EditorGridPanel

cmendez21
16 Jul 2010, 12:00 PM
Can your calendar fit my needs?
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?104403-Simple-editable-calendar-from-EditorGridPanel

Hi fallen Zen
the calendar views are not grid based but do the job nice, also according to your post (link) it fit nice the schedule view the calendar has, give it a test.

cmendez21
16 Jul 2010, 12:01 PM
Hi Fallen Zen ,
the calendar has no views grid based but shedule view can help you aout according to your post ;) check it out

Fallen Zen
16 Jul 2010, 2:49 PM
Hi Fallen Zen ,
the calendar has no views grid based but shedule view can help you aout according to your post ;) check it out

Thanks, I'll have a look at it.

pcr
19 Jul 2010, 10:34 AM
Hi,
I have the following problem. To delete a task in the DB e2cs has a couple of functions. BeforeTaskDelete, onTaskDelete and afterTaskDelete. The code in beforeTaskDelete fires onTaskDelete and the code in onTaskDelete fires afterTaskDelete. Now I want to ask the user in beforeTaskDelete a question with a Ext.MessageBox before going on. The problem is that MessageBox works asynchroneous. So the Messagebox is displayd but the code doesnt wait for the answer but continue by firing onTaskDelete. Does anybody know how I can solve this. I was thinking about fire onTaskDelete in the function of the MessageBox. But how??

cmendez21
21 Jul 2010, 1:05 PM
Hi,
I have the following problem. To delete a task in the DB e2cs has a couple of functions. BeforeTaskDelete, onTaskDelete and afterTaskDelete. The code in beforeTaskDelete fires onTaskDelete and the code in onTaskDelete fires afterTaskDelete. Now I want to ask the user in beforeTaskDelete a question with a Ext.MessageBox before going on. The problem is that MessageBox works asynchroneous. So the Messagebox is displayd but the code doesnt wait for the answer but continue by firing onTaskDelete. Does anybody know how I can solve this. I was thinking about fire onTaskDelete in the function of the MessageBox. But how??

What comes to my mind as i do this on some cases is

1.- On before task delete as MessageBox works asynchroneous but i get the data or the elements i need in order to delete the event/task so i return false but before the event ends i call a function that will erase the event theres no problem

2.- in the function i erase the from the store(remote or local) and then refresh manually the view

Hope this works to you
Howerver im taking this in consideration for future changes inside the calendar (Optimize this issues)

pcr
23 Jul 2010, 8:59 AM
Hi Carlos,

After reading this I succesfully managed something like this. In the callback I put some code and finnally if there is something to do I do :

prueba.fireEvent('onTaskDelete', datatask, buttonId)

This works all the way I want.

cmendez21
23 Jul 2010, 12:04 PM
Hi Carlos,

After reading this I succesfully managed something like this. In the callback I put some code and finnally if there is something to do I do :

prueba.fireEvent('onTaskDelete', datatask, buttonId)

This works all the way I want.

Glad you worked it out..! :D

Zeebee
8 Nov 2010, 2:36 AM
I updated our Extjs intranet from 3.0 to 3.3. Everything worked smoothly on the first test-run.

However today I stumbled on a little problem : the contextmenu's aren't loading anymore on rightclick events. Am I alone on this or did this allready get reported ? I turned back to 3.0, and my problem is gone. I hope someone can help me on this.

I would give you an error report, but firebug doesn't tell me anything is wrong... I can rightclick as much as i want, no contextmenu that pops up.

Thx in advance !

cmendez21
8 Nov 2010, 2:47 AM
I updated our Extjs intranet from 3.0 to 3.3. Everything worked smoothly on the first test-run.

However today I stumbled on a little problem : the contextmenu's aren't loading anymore on rightclick events. Am I alone on this or did this allready get reported ? I turned back to 3.0, and my problem is gone. I hope someone can help me on this.

I would give you an error report, but firebug doesn't tell me anything is wrong... I can rightclick as much as i want, no contextmenu that pops up.

Thx in advance !

Hi Zeebee , thanks for reporting this issue , gonna fix this asap , just a question which version you are using 0.0.16 ? cause 0.0.17 didnt well as i expected so im working the next updates on 0.0.16 to make the 0.0.18 more stable and reliable

Zeebee
8 Nov 2010, 2:56 AM
Hey cmendez21, thx for the quick response. I'm using the alpha 0.0.16 version.

Nice to hear 0.0.18 is comming :) Thank you for this great app btw, it even changed my way of programming/using extjs ! ;)