PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN-1045] IE7: Resize handle hard to trigger on grid columns

sareko
11 Jun 2010, 10:12 AM
Ext version tested:

Ext 3.2.2

Adapter used:

ext

css used:

only default ext-all.css

Browser versions tested against:

IE7 quirk
IE7 strict

Operating System:

Windows XP Pro

Description:

The resize handle cursor seems to only trigger for a 1 pixel area initially when in IE7. In IE8, Chrome and Firefox it works as expected. It is a little subtle, because once you get the cursor to appear, even if you move your mouse then it stays the way it should, so its just the initial triggering that is tricky.

Additionally, this is only a bug with the display: if you hold down the mouse and drag, the column WILL resize even though the cursor is showing the standard arrow instead of the resize cursor. Its confusing some of my users :)
Test Case:

You can see the issue on any grid, just go to the following url for example.

See this URL : http://www.extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/grid/array-grid.html

Steps to reproduce the problem:

Go to the link above with IE7 (any mode, as far as I can tell)
Try to resize the column.
The issue is easier to notice if you approach the column's right side from the right and slowly approach the cursor to the line separating 2 columns. You'll notice that you will not get the resize cursor until you're straight on the separator line. However, you WILL be able to resize the column 5 pixels before that point, as you should be.

The result that was expected:

The cursor should change to the resize handle whenever it is over the "resize" sweet spot, a few pixels to the right of the vertical line separating the columns. This is the behavior all browsers except IE7 experience correctly.

The result that occurs instead:

The cursor handle stays to the arrow pointer until the cursor is right over the vertical line, even though you can resize the column anyway. I'd provide a screenshot if I could take one with my cursor in it, hehe.

Debugging already done:

Unfortunately my javascript is getting better, but not nearly good enough to debug that part of the grid code. What i did see however, is that in the handleHdMove method of the gridview, everything seems to work correctly and the style of the cursor is applied appropriately. This leads me to think that the cursor is being overriden right away by the mouse over cursor of the column on the right of the one i try to resize, but its only a wild guess :)