PDA

View Full Version : DirectRequest is null exception



halcwb
13 Jun 2010, 5:33 AM
I keep running in the above exception with the following stack trace:
[NullReferenceException: DirectRequest is null.]
Ext.Direct.Mvc.DirectResult.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +228
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +10
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass14.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__11() +20
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +251
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass16.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__13() +19
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +178
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +314
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +105
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +39
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +7
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__4() +34
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +21
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12
System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +59
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +44
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +7
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8677758
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155

When a MVC method is called everthing runs up to: return this.Direct("some object");

I have gone over and over the settings in the webconfig and my site.master file, but cannot find anything wrong there.

halcwb
14 Jun 2010, 12:02 AM
There was nothing wrong with my configuration, I just did not pass parameters as I thought I did not need to because the methods were without parameters.

My mistake.