PDA

View Full Version : Combo Box/Picker control?

Bucs
15 Jun 2010, 7:52 AM
Any update on the flexible Combo Box/Picker control? That is going to be a huge UI piece for app development as many of my forms will need store based selection options. The basic combo box just doesn't cut it imo. Hope there will be some decent demos on using the picker within an actual form this time :)

When do you think this will be available?

Thanks...

Jamie Avins
15 Jun 2010, 9:14 AM
Check the Picker demo in the latest build (still working out a few kinks with it though).

Bucs
17 Jun 2010, 5:32 AM
Still don't see the Picker using an AJAX data store in the Picker demo, in fact, still just a static date selector and not still not used in a form. Would love to see the Picker used with a remote AJAX data store and in a form...if this will even be possible. I thought I saw you guys say this was going to be in the Picker demo?

I also still do not see a demo that demonstrates simple AJAX data retrieval. The one AJAX demo still does not work. :(

TommyMaintz
17 Jun 2010, 5:42 AM
We are aware of some of the limitations with the current picker. We will work on providing some more examples and a more flexible picker.

The picker slots can be bound to a store though, which can be utilized to retrieve the data from a URL

Bucs
17 Jun 2010, 5:58 AM
Thanks Tommy. I don't mean to knock the demos that are there...the new Solitaire is ridiculously cool. But I am more interested in building functional business applications that retrieve and display data via AJAX, rather than cool image based demos (though these are needed). I would really love to see more of a data centric example along with all the graphical type demos, one that uses normal XHR requests like we have all been using for the web side. The very simple XHR demo that is there has never worked as far as I know, which doesn't bode well for developing data centric apps.

And a store based Picker control that can be loaded and configured to allow selections from AJAX data is going to be a HUGE piece in developing intuitive, native looking, business apps. That is why I am so interested in seeing this control work along with a functional XHR demo.

Thanks for all the hard work thus far in the product...I'm sure it's going to get there :)

aconran
17 Jun 2010, 10:58 AM
I also still do not see a demo that demonstrates simple AJAX data retrieval. The one AJAX demo still does not work. :(

My guess is that you are running IIS and don't have .json added to your acceptable Mime types.

If so, change the file extension for the file to something that is allowed (like .html) or add .json to IIS.

samarism
6 May 2011, 3:08 AM
We are aware of some of the limitations with the current picker. We will work on providing some more examples and a more flexible picker.

The picker slots can be bound to a store though, which can be utilized to retrieve the data from a URL

I have been trying to bind picker slots to an ajax store. You say that its possible but I have not found an example of how to do this.

Could you please confirm that this is possible? It would be great if you could give a small example.

Thanks,
Sam