PDA

View Full Version : Glitches within Designer

hairpeace
16 Jun 2010, 7:16 AM
I'm getting frustrated with the overall response of the program, it seems it was better on the trail version. Also, it's a bit frustrating to have to keep setting the 'snap to grid' option. I will start out and set it to 5 and then make some small changes and come back to move something and it defaults back to 10. I'm currently working with 3 panels in one window and the first panel is a hit or miss on if I can select it or not, either the entire panel or an individual element, neither works. It I close the program down and restart it fixes it but only for a short period of time. Do you have any suggestions?? This is making my production time at least twice as long.

Cyberqat
16 Jun 2010, 3:40 PM
Maybe your just doing things I'm not (like snap to grid) but I haven't had any of the problems you seem to be experiencing.

Our of curiosity, have you checked to make sure your Adobe Air is up to date? And which OS are you under?

j-joey
16 Jun 2010, 11:31 PM
by the way, designer isn't working on adobe air

hairpeace
17 Jun 2010, 4:06 AM
I'm running Designer on a MAC 10.6.3, I'm running it as a standalone. Perhaps it runs better on Windows. Maybe I should try it through my VM.

Cyberqat
17 Jun 2010, 6:18 AM
by the way, designer isn't working on adobe air

really? Cause Im pretty positive an earlier beta was.

I remember being somewhat surprised at that fact.

j-joey
17 Jun 2010, 10:55 AM
in Windows i didn't notice that designer has an ability like snap to grid. i may miss something, but it may be mac-specific.

@cyberqat, beta was build on air, but now it's running on a modified webkit.

jarrednicholls
18 Jun 2010, 8:24 AM
I will look into the snap to grid issue (reverting back to a default value). Can't confirm it at the moment. Perhaps hairpeace if you could give a step-by-step reproduction of the issue I can identify it and fix it. Thanks!

And yes, the Designer does not run on AIR but rather an in-house Sencha platform (which does use WebKit). More info on that later.