PDA

View Full Version : Ext.Direct in combination with SenchaTouch

crp_spaeth
17 Jun 2010, 5:27 AM
Hey Guys,

while reading through your API especially the 'data' Part I was wondering if you guys did changes in the Store logic in comparison to the Extjs Framework?

I would love to use Ext.Direct in combination with the shiny new Touch framework!

Is the store in SenchaTouch the whole Extjs Store or is it a kind of lightweight version? Do I have to take care of some Features you left out or will I just have to add the depended files for the ExtDirect communication Layer to the Sources?

A kicked Ass Developer :)

Jamie Avins
17 Jun 2010, 5:30 AM
The store has been refactored, but it is a fully featured rewrite with all of Ext 3.x data features plus new ones we're planning on for 4.x.

TommyMaintz
17 Jun 2010, 5:40 AM
Ed is probably the best person to answer this since he wrote the new Ext JS 4.0 / Sencha Touch data package but I don't think the Ext Direct part is in the current release yet. Expect this to land in one of the upcoming releases.

edspencer
17 Jun 2010, 8:58 AM
Ed is probably the best person to answer this since he wrote the new Ext JS 4.0 / Sencha Touch data package but I don't think the Ext Direct part is in the current release yet. Expect this to land in one of the upcoming releases.

That's right, the new data package isn't aware of Ext.Direct yet but support will be added shortly.

thinkadoo
5 May 2011, 12:29 AM
Hey guys,

I would like to use the Ext.Direct features in SenchaTouch too. Using CodeIgniter in the back and love the approach.

I don't see Ext.Direct support in the SenchaTouch API docs.

Am I missing something?

edspencer
5 May 2011, 11:32 AM
Ext.Direct didn't go into ST 1.x but is already present in the updated data package that Ext JS 4.x is using - this will be merged back into ST for 2.x, though this is likely to be fall of this year.