PDA

View Full Version : How to add a custom component via Ext Designer?

Nightwish
17 Jun 2010, 8:49 AM
This was a bit of a surprise but since Ext.form.Action.Submit does not support submissions in JSON I decided to use the solution proposed here:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?13034-submit-form-as-JSON-suppress-other-fields

The question is - how do I add this custom JsonFormPanel via the Ext Designer? I have an inkling this is not supported yet...

Somewhat related to this - are there plans to extend Ext.form.Action.Submit to support JSON form submit via a config option?

jarrednicholls
18 Jun 2010, 8:15 AM
I don't know the answer to the JSON submit question. The underlying Ajax class does support submitting a jsonData object, but I don't know if the Submit action will support that down the line.

Custom component support will be available in a near future release of the Designer. It will involve programming a "contract" or "plugin" to the Designer, which will basically describe your component's attributes and behavior to the Designer, and put the component into the Toolbox for you to use. This will not be in the next release but will be coming soon enough. In the meantime there is no support for this, sorry.