PDA

View Full Version : simple question about other mobile OS

cmendez21
18 Jun 2010, 12:15 PM
HI, i have tested the samples of sencha touch and in symbian (NOKIA mostly)
devices throws the error Value undefined (result of expression root.querySelectorAll) is not object

As i see the main page sencha touch main target is Apple iOS and Android iOS

any plans to symbian OS or other mobile devices like palm etc ? :-/

Its cool though the new library
congratulations on this new library

mmullany
18 Jun 2010, 3:45 PM
Our goal is to be able to support all webkit browsers that have sane implementations. We're very interested in WebOS because according to rumor, HP is planning to make it their OS for the HP tablet. We're crossing our fingers that RIM will ship a sane browser with RIM OS6 so we can support it. Nokia is not on our radar for now, although we'd like to support it as well.

cmendez21
19 Jun 2010, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the information.

fergus4
26 Jun 2010, 7:09 AM
Is that a WebOS issue or something Sencha needs to fix? Is WebOS webkit not compliant/up-to-date?

jason88
26 Jun 2010, 7:54 AM
Our goal is to be able to support all webkit browsers that have sane implementations. We're very interested in WebOS because according to rumor, HP is planning to make it their OS for the HP tablet. We're crossing our fingers that RIM will ship a sane browser with RIM OS6 so we can support it. Nokia is not on our radar for now, although we'd like to support it as well.

Thanks for this information. I´m really looking forward on your support for webkit browswers (OS). For me personally, nokia isn´t important... so if its not supported I wouldn´t mind at all.

But the idea of integrating mobile OS would be great (I´m using Apple iOS).