PDA

View Full Version : Tap to show Toolbar

dazex
20 Jun 2010, 10:04 AM
Awesome framework. I am loving the documentation, variety of demos and the way they all come together. I have extremely limited programming skills, but going through the examples...I am already well on my way to create a mobile web application that I have been wanting. Kudos.

On that note, I am trying to replicate a feature I commonly see in iPhone apps where when you tap anywhere on the screen, the toolbar/tab bar shows. Tap again, and they disappear.

I was wondering if this functionality is either coming or already built into the framework.

Looking through the API, I see a config: "hideOnMaskTap (http://www.sencha.com/forum/source/Component.html#cfg-Ext.Component-hideOnMaskTap)" and was wondering if that's related to what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks for any direction or pointer to the right place to look.

All the best,
-David

mrsunshine
20 Jun 2010, 10:12 AM
hideOnMaskTap does not what you want, hideOnMaskTap bindes a eventlistener to the mask which'll creat when you have for example a overlay over your application that close the overlay by taping on the mask

dazex
20 Jun 2010, 10:17 AM
Ah, I see. Thanks for the reply mrsunshine and for your active participation in this community.

mrsunshine
20 Jun 2010, 10:22 AM
and yes you can hide and show a toolbar.

do something like this

yourPanel.this.mon(
this.el,
{
tap: function() {
if (yourToolbar.isVisible()){
yourToolbar.hide();
} else {
yourToolbar.show();
}
}
}
);

dazex
20 Jun 2010, 10:28 AM
mrsunshine,
Thank you for the code sample. Now I'll go try to figure out how to implement it. :D

Just to clarify, this is PHP code? I see you wrapped it in a PHP Code box so I am assuming that you are using PHP to show and hide the toolbar. However, it doesn't look like PHP to me. More like javascript.

Thanks much.

-David

Jamie Avins
20 Jun 2010, 10:32 AM
It's javascript. I changed his tags to be more clear.

iphoneguy
7 Mar 2011, 11:35 PM
Hi everyone!

I hope it's okay if i join your conversation. I also have an Ext.TabPanel and a toolbar that I would like to show/hide on a double tap event. Thanks Mr. Sunshine for the code. Is anyone able to point me towards the source code of a working example with this implemented? :-/
Thanks for your help in advance!