PDA

View Full Version : Making money out fo Sencha touch apps

isit.gd
21 Jun 2010, 12:38 AM
Hi

I'm assuming sencha apps wont need to go through the appstore as they are web based.

In reality this is great as it means we can update and fix bugs much quicker but how do you charge for services like this?

w://

Stoot98
21 Jun 2010, 1:24 AM
You can create your apps so they require user signup where they pay to use - as with most traditional web apps. Alternatively you can use PhoneGap to package into a pseudo-native application that can be distributed through app stores. I'm sure there are lots of other monetization approaches that are similar to those used in traditional web apps too... ads, donations etc

mrsunshine
21 Jun 2010, 1:28 AM
- writing apps for customers
- maybe ads
- having some kind of premium accunts which ll be paid, truly this brings a lot of account and finanz management to the project

polimux
21 Jun 2010, 9:13 AM
I can recommend you "FREE: The Future of a Radical Price (http://www.audible.com/adbl/site/products/ProductDetail.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1645980651.1277140060@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccfadekkegmemfcefecekjdffidfji.0&productID=BK_AVEN_000001)" by Chris Anderson.
You can get it for free :)

Nom4d3
21 Jun 2010, 5:43 PM
I think Touch can be used to make offline applications using html5 and webkit API from iphone and android.