PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED-126] Issues using AjaxProxy / Store / XmlReader

bone
1 Jul 2010, 1:42 AM
1. In the createAccessor-function on Ext.data.Xmlreader you return accessor-functions that, for some reason (I suspect lack of coffee for the developers), expects the Ext.DomQuery to have the functions selectNumber and selectValue, whilst in the documentation for Ext.DomQuery only is/select/selectNode are available.

2. Ext.data.XmlReader forgets to override the getResponseData from Reader which basically just throws an error. All I needed was a "getResponseData: function(a){ return a.responseXML; }".

3. If I dont define a meta-object it fails in the createAccessor. An empty meta-object is a "working hack"

4. What do you expect to find where in the Reader in terms of idProperty / totalProperty / successProperty. I see a range of different behaviour depending on whether I define those properties directly on the Reader or in the meta-object. It actually boils down to whether or not the instanceof-check triggers in getReader() on ServerProxy(AjaxProxy), but its hard to understand how you want us to use it without docs/examples or comments.

5. Where the hell did all THESE parameters come from : "getmytasks.aspx?_dc=1277975992878&start=0&limit=25&group=%5Bobject%20Object%5D&filters=&sorters=". I know how to remove the cachebuster, but I see no way of NOT sending values for start/limit/group/filters/sorters. By reading the read()-method on the Store I gather that it basically only gives me the option to specify what they should be, not whether or not they should be added as parameters. These parameters werent there in 0.9b.

6. I would love to see a working example of a Store using AjaxProxy, regardless of it being JSON or XML, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. One thing is separate Ajax / Store examples, but give us something combined that works so we can get an idea of how you want us to use this completely new, and fairly undocumented, approach.

This is perhaps a badly disguised hidden agenda to convert us all to JSON? In that case I accept your reasons but question your methods :) I have a server full of XML-output, and didnt want to write versions in JSON just to play around with sencha touch, but now you give me no choice =)

But everything look damned sexy on my IPod Touch, if only I could get some data :D

~o)

rplotkin
3 Jul 2010, 9:39 AM
I second that this issue needs attention. I've been trying to get XML data to work, only to find that it's not possible right now (eloquently described by the poster). This should at least be on the list of known issues.

TommyMaintz
5 Jul 2010, 1:31 PM
Sorry we haven't posted a reply on this thread sooner. We did notice it however and are working on the fixes.

TommyMaintz
28 Jul 2010, 11:27 AM
All these issues have been addressed and will be part of the next release (0.9.3) next week.

bone
6 Dec 2010, 4:20 AM
"The name of the 'filter' parameter to send in a request. Defaults to 'filter'. Set this to undefined if you don't want to send a filter parameter"

This is the ugliest fix I have EVER seen!!

Are you guys serious ?

edspencer
7 Dec 2010, 12:08 PM
"The name of the 'filter' parameter to send in a request. Defaults to 'filter'. Set this to undefined if you don't want to send a filter parameter"

This is the ugliest fix I have EVER seen!!

Are you guys serious ?

What would you prefer?

bone
14 Dec 2010, 3:41 AM
That no parameters are sent unless I specifically tell it to.

edspencer
14 Dec 2010, 10:40 AM
You could achieve that by overriding the properties on AjaxProxy's prototype. This isn't the way it will work by default though. If a Store wants certain paging, sorting or filtering applied, the AjaxProxy will of course pass that on to the server.