PDA

View Full Version : Row Editor Grid Example from EXTJS

sajan
1 Jul 2010, 4:05 AM
Hi all,
I am mid way to my project. All my problems will be solved If I could implement grid as in extjs "Row Editor Grid Example".http://www.sencha.com/deploy/dev/examples/grid/row-editor.html
This is the exact thing that I want.
I can build the grid easily but how to build that new window on top of it (in designer) any suggestions or help is highly appreciated

thanks in advance

jarrednicholls
1 Jul 2010, 4:43 AM
Hi sajan,

The Designer does not support the Flash charts (if that's the "window" you're referring to up top), since the Designer cannot run the Flash runtime within itself. At this time there are no plans to support it...Flash charts might not stick around for long anyways...

If you're referring to the RowEditor plugin, that is a UX (User Extension) that is not a part of the Designer...there are plans to allow the importation of custom UX's into the Designer in a future release (it will take some coding in order to implement a "contract" for the UX). At this time, you can build the GridPanel and the surrounding Panel in the Designer, but you will have to fill in the gaps with the RowEditor and Flash charts by hand.

sajan
7 Jul 2010, 2:20 AM
Thanks Jarred, Yes I am trying exactly what you have said
I added a plugin part on the ui file (designer did it for me)
Since I have 2 grid (one directly on a page )and another will open in a new ext window after a row is clicked on the first grid.
But what is happening is that double clicking on the first grid is invoking the RowEditor function and is throwing error.
I cannot understand what is happening.
Some light on this will be extremely helpful.