PDA

View Full Version : Clickable images inside a list

davorin
1 Jul 2010, 12:58 PM
Good evening....

As I want to port a web application to the iPad I came across Sencha and tried several examples which might fit into the project...

I know I can have images inside a list or nested list....but how about clickable images?

Problem is I need to "convert" a nice treemenu. And the closest thing which comes close is a nested list....

thanx in advance
richard

TommyMaintz
1 Jul 2010, 1:33 PM
NestedList right is still a very young component. We are planning on heavily improving it before the 1.0 release. After we have managed to fix forms on Android, we will start focussing on improving List and NestedList which should make it easier to achieve what you asking for.

I'm going to add this thread and come back to it soon. If we don't, could you please give this a bump in a week or two from now?

davorin
1 Jul 2010, 1:39 PM
Yeah sure, thanx for the quick reply... :-)

Or do you have a better idea for converting a "tree menu" to iPad? Maybe something like vertical accordion when you click in a "+" icon in the list new list elements slide in below?

cheers
richard

TommyMaintz
1 Jul 2010, 1:44 PM
Yeah that might work. I do think however that a NestedList is the closest and best experience to browse "nested" data. I might have some time tonight to explore and see if I can get something working for you. No guarantees though! ;)

davorin
1 Jul 2010, 1:53 PM
That would be terrific ;-)

To give an idea what the php/ajax counterpart is....it is used as a network inventory and cabling tool....therefore each item in the tree represents an editable object which is then handled by a right-click menu inside the treemenu...

Ideally this would turn into a nested list like:

"left justified": object icon, object name, "right justified", info icon, edit icon, delete icon etc...

Dynamic generation would be a killer....but just read that this is in the works as well (o;

thanx in advance
richard