PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED-1101]Combobox doesn't use start & limit paramNames

dduffy
5 Jul 2010, 8:02 AM
Hi there,

I have a combo box which talks to a server side script and executes when the user starts to type in the combo box, all is working fine until I turn on pagenation. I use Oracle DB and PLSQL as the server side language.

both limit and start are reserved words in PLSQL, luckily EXTJS allows these to be over ridden, which I have utilized with a Grid and JSONStore, but this does not work for a combo box.

This is my code for the JSON store:

remoteJsonStoreCombo = new Ext.data.JsonStore( { fields : comboFields,
baseParams: {column: "fullName"},
url :"cp_attendance_enquiry.ajax_get_employee",
root : "records",
totalProperty: "totalCount",
id : "ourRemoteStoreCombo",
paramNames: { start: "p_start",
limit: "p_limit"}
} );

as you can see I have changed the parameters for both start and limit. but EXTJS still sends the parameters as limit and start, see screen shot below:

Any help apprecaited.

Darragh

dduffy
5 Jul 2010, 1:51 PM
Folks,

Is this a bug in EXTJS, I can execute the the call to my Json Server procedure as follows and it works fine, but when the combox calls the server procedure it insists on passing in limit and start - why ?

Ext.StoreMgr.get("remoteJsonStoreCombo").load ( {
params: {
p_start : 0,
p_limit: 10,
query: "d"
}
} );

Darragh

Condor
5 Jul 2010, 10:46 PM
Yes, this is a bug.

Combobox should contain:

Ext.override(Ext.form.ComboBox, {
getParams : function(q){
var p = {};
if(this.pageSize){
var pn = this.store.paramNames;
p[pn.start] = 0;
p[pn.limit] = this.pageSize;
}
return p;
}
});

(moving this report to the Bugs section)

dduffy
5 Jul 2010, 11:03 PM
thanks condor, just plugged this into my JS and all working smoothly.

Darragh.

evant
7 Jul 2010, 5:35 AM
Fixed in SVN, thanks for the report.

dduffy
7 Jul 2010, 6:54 AM
thanks Evant, hopefully once 4.x is made available I will verify.

Darragh

Condor
7 Jul 2010, 7:03 AM
The fix will be part of ext-3.3.0.

dduffy
7 Jul 2010, 9:55 AM
Condor - Any release date for 3.3.0? I understand 4.0 is before September which was indicated at the Sencha touch Webinar last week, so I assumed no other releases before then.

Darragh

Jamie Avins
7 Jul 2010, 10:11 AM
3.3.0 is due to be in beta within about a week. ExtJS 4.0 is NOT slated before September, Sencha Touch is.

dduffy
7 Jul 2010, 10:41 PM
thanks Jamie, any direction on when 4.0 might be released? (I was told 4.0 would be available pre sept, I too was surprised). 3.X has all I need for the moment. Looking forward to the new calendar in 3.3

Darragh.

fsi
13 May 2011, 11:07 AM
What is the fix on this bug in EXT 4? I notice that a combo box is still trying to pass "limit" and "start" instead of "p_limit" and "p_start". The store has an override parameter "startParam" and "limitParam" which is great, but the comboBox does not.

Also, this override does not work in EXT 4, presumably because there is no getParam function on the comboBox class any more.

Does anyone know of a workaround?