PDA

View Full Version : Saving Data back and I want the whole row to be selected rather than a column in a ed

sajan
6 Jul 2010, 11:53 PM
Hi All,
I used Editor Grid panel. Data is loading absolutely fine. But I am having trouble saving the data.
I have used "afteredit" event on .js file but it tries to save every time the value is updated in the cell. This is not what I desire. I want to save entire row at one time. So please guide me how to do that.

and I also want to select an entire row rather than column in my Editable grid. SO that if only a cell is double clicked it will become editable. I tried and retried but no success please help

thanks
ps: I updated my Designer today and after that it is not working smoothly at all. I had to redo everything today :(. All my components got redistributed, Lost their Stores and whole lot of things

jarrednicholls
7 Jul 2010, 6:12 AM
Hi sajan,

You can add the RowSelectionModel to the grid. An EditorGridPanel has a CellSelectionModel by default when one isn't explicitly provided.

In regards to saving data...what is it that you actually want to happen? Do you want the data to save when they move from one row to the next? That can be accomplished by listening to selection events in the selection model. Or, you could simply have a "Save" button that commits all changes in the Store at one time.

Do you have your original project .xds file before the upgrade? If you do, could you attach it please? I'd like to see what happened when you loaded your project up in the latest version. I have loaded some projects from the past that did not cause any corruption or lose Store connections, etc...so I'm curious why yours had issues. I am sure you are not the only one. The Designer had a 50% refactor with the goal to remain compatible with old project files.

sajan
7 Jul 2010, 6:25 AM
Do you want the data to save when they move from one row to the next?
Yes and I am Stuck on this one. I created my own function but it is not that effective.
Or, you could simply have a "Save" button that commits all changes in the Store at one time.
- I want this too but I am completely grounded.
It would have been extremely grateful If we cn have one user guide kind of thing. Cause now it is getting complex to accomplish simple task too

As with the designer I am sorry I do not have the original File but in the updated version. editor grid is showing multiple textfields for a single column. I have attached the one for you.
So Do I have to create the project again?

sajan
7 Jul 2010, 6:30 AM
And I recon that it was possible to update textfiled in editor Grid to combo box and now it seems like it is not working. Please help
thanks