PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Problem Transforming Text Field to Combo box & too many text fileds on Grid

sajan
7 Jul 2010, 9:13 PM
Hi,
I reckon that it was possible to Transform text field directly to a combo box from menu but since I update my Designer version, it seems like it is not possible
+
there are too many text fields on my editable grid. I have attached screen shot too.I tried deleting them and tried re saving but the fileds are back again
Am I doing something wrong. My System : mac os x 10.6.4.

ps: I have activated my license on MAC can I reuse it on windows at different instance of time?

sajan
7 Jul 2010, 10:54 PM
Sorry forgot to add the screen shot

jarrednicholls
8 Jul 2010, 7:08 PM
I have fixed the bug of many fields in the EditorGrid in xds-1.0.2.1 release. You should get a notice that there is an upgrade available when you start the application and then you can install it. After it's installed, you can go to Help -> About to make sure you're running 1.0.2.1.

The transform problem is a bug, and is not in 1.0.2.1. However, I have already fixed it and it will be in the next release. As a workaround for now, you can just remove the field and insert a new one...2 steps instead of one step. Sorry :-(

sajan
8 Jul 2010, 8:08 PM
Thanks Jarred,
Yes I did exactly what you said.
All is working but transformation is still not working properly for me.
I tried Transforming text field on a editor grid to date field but everytime the field disappeared.
Am I missing something?
Anyways I have found a way around. but not sure whether it will work or not ;)
thanks

jarrednicholls
8 Jul 2010, 8:18 PM
All is working but transformation is still not working properly for me.
I tried Transforming text field on a editor grid to date field but everytime the field disappeared.
Am I missing something?

Correct, as I stated it is not in 1.0.2.1. But, a fix is in place for 1.0.2.2 release. Thanks!