PDA

View Full Version : HTML Database Storage

andrea.chiozzi@metislab.net
9 Jul 2010, 6:29 AM
With the release of Sencha Touch i've begin to investigate the possibilities of webApps, and I've found that one of the most interesting feature of HTML5 are the Database Storage features.

But I've not found supporto of Database Storage (SQLite) in Sencha Touch...
Probably I've missed something important or pheraps trivial.

How can I use SQLite with Sencha Touch?

Thanks

tobinharris
9 Jul 2010, 3:07 PM
Check out the Solitaire example. It uses a Store + LocalStorageProxy to interoperate with the SQLite db.

It's cool to watch it happen in the Safari storage viewer :)

Tobin

12 Jul 2010, 6:29 AM
Yes, the solitaire example use the localStorage, wich is a key/value storage.

But SQL Client-Side Database is different from local Storage.

I'd like to know if Sencha will support it in the future, if I've missed that they are already supporting it, or if they don't plan to implement SQL Database (they are not supported by all Browsers ).

edspencer
13 Jul 2010, 1:39 PM
Possibly... if it ever gains any traction. This is non-trivial though and of questionable value.

14 Jul 2010, 2:59 AM
Possibly... if it ever gains any traction. This is non-trivial though and of questionable value.

thanks a lot for the response :-)

tomalex0
18 Aug 2010, 8:35 PM
You could find a demo using Webstorage under
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?105584-Login-Page-with-Manifest-feature-and-Webstorage.

But its working in sencha0.92. Hope it will be helpful for you

sumitgrover
19 Aug 2010, 3:10 AM
Can anybody help , need proper documentation or more example with mysql db interaction for sensatouch library , its using yui currently for db interation , what if i want a preloaded dynamic page with further effects like pagination

MattRogish
1 Oct 2010, 12:17 PM
We definitely need SQLite support as we store significant amounts of data using SQLite. What about integrating with something like persistence.js ? Has migration support, Models, etc. http://github.com/zefhemel/persistencejs :)

jep
1 Oct 2010, 3:04 PM
The Web SQL "standard" (really just embedded SQLite at this point) is really pretty cool. Unfortunately, the two main players that refuse to support it are Mozilla and Microsoft. It's too bad, as what they push as the alternative is an entirely different tool for different uses.