PDA

View Full Version : Menu as component not possible

medusadelft
10 Jul 2010, 2:52 AM
Hi all,

If I understood the changelog of 1.0.2.x correctly, I should now be able to create seperate menus as components (so I can use them as contextMenus). Unfortunately, this is not (yet) supported. Or is this a bug?

Another question, is it correct that my form fields now need a width specified (first it was lined out as 'fit').

Thanks in advance,

Maurice.

medusadelft
10 Jul 2010, 9:34 AM
Another question, is it correct that my form fields now need a width specified (first it was lined out as 'fit').

I found out that this is caused by the anchor-property that lost the 100% when loading. I will file this as a bug if nobody has done this yet.

jarrednicholls
12 Jul 2010, 6:52 AM
Hey medusadelft,

Thanks for posting in the bugs forum about the anchor problem, I'll be looking into this.

Menus cannot be created as individual components at this time, but we will make this possible in the future. They are currently only able to be attached to Buttons or other Menu Items. If you need this now, as a workaround, you can create a Button and attach a Menu to the button, and then Right-click->Promote to Class on the Menu. This will make the Menu its own class & top-level component.