hi,
i have an item with long content and i use

items: [{
title: 'page 1',
html: 'lorem ipsum...',
scroll: 'vertical'

that works fine. but i would like that item to behave like

direction: 'vertical'
so that it snaps to the next page/item. any ideas, how that works?

This won't work:

html: 'bla bla bla>',

thanks,
ao

arlo.carreon
13 Jul 2010, 7:42 AM
hi,

is this item with long content already a card in a carousel? meaning that your carousel already pages horizontally, but on certain items with long content you want to page vertically as well?

Or is this one content item on a panel that you would like to page vertically instead of default scroll feature?

aoshift
13 Jul 2010, 10:43 AM
hi,
yes, the long content is already a card item. for example the third item of five, it already pages horizontal. i want that item to page vertical too, instead of the scroll behaviour.

arlo.carreon
13 Jul 2010, 11:09 AM
ok, I know what you mean. The USA Today iPad App does just that.

i'm not a sencha expert, but I think you might have to divide your html content into "pages" and add a vertical carousel (with "indicator: false") on the cards with long content. I know it's not the preferred choice, but it's something that a small little function can handle. Sounds like something that would be really useful once implemented.

I am not sure that we can get the paging effect outside of the carousels. Maybe a sencha expert can shine some light on that topic.

aoshift
13 Jul 2010, 11:40 AM
thanks for your hint, i'm not a sencha pro too, i just started using it.

TommyMaintz
14 Jul 2010, 11:54 AM
We are planning on having dynamic loading of new cards in the carousel (like in the USA Today iPad App). We hope to make this part of the 1.0 release.

aoshift
15 Jul 2010, 7:01 AM
We are planning on having dynamic loading of new cards in the carousel (like in the USA Today iPad App). We hope to make this part of the 1.0 release.

hi tommy,
i think my problem is not the dynamic loading. i want, that all cards scroll horizontal, a specific card with long text should scroll vertical too. i added the attribute 'scroll: vertical' like the following code:

html: 'lorem ipsum...',
scroll: 'vertical'

that works fine, but i want that card to behave like:

and i don't know how to do.

kind regards,
ao

TommyMaintz
15 Jul 2010, 12:53 PM
Ah, I see what you are trying to do. That would be nice functionality to have, but is unfortunately not supported at the moment.