PDA

View Full Version : Best Practices

Rohall
14 Jul 2010, 8:59 AM
Hey Everyone,
I have a bit of a vague question for anyone with experience in EXT JS or Sencha Touch. I'm creating an app and have noticed that at certain points I may need to reference a handler which has functions calls involving two different panels. The function for the handler cannot be written until the panels are created, but that means that you cannot specify the handler for that panel during the initialization.

For those of you who have built applications using this library, what design strategy did you use to overcome this issue (and similar ones)? I'd like to keep my code as clean as possible so any input at all is very welcome. Thanks in advance!

danvega
14 Jul 2010, 9:36 AM
I am facing similar questions on how to layout a typical application. This is a thread I started yesterday about the same issue. Does anyone out there have a smaller application than the Kiva+ Solitaire examples that address these problems?

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?104093-OOP-Example&highlight=oop

Also I heard rumblings of an MVC framework for Sencha...is this true? If so when?

TommyMaintz
14 Jul 2010, 1:14 PM
Yes this is true. Hopefully we are able to release this around or right after the 1.0 release. It is going to be a separate package that can be used with both Ext JS and Sencha Touch.