PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED-132] dockedItems: undoc'ed feature?

DaveC426913
14 Jul 2010, 9:39 AM
In the Toolbars example, very last line before the closing braces:

88: new Ext.Panel({
89: id: 'toolbartxt',
90: html: 'Pick a button, any button. <br /><small>By using SASS, all of the buttons on this screen can be restyled dynamically. The only images used are masks.</small>',
91: fullscreen: true,
92: dockedItems: dockedItems
93: });

This seems to be a config option called dockedItems (which refers to a variable named, appropriately, dockedItems) in the Panel class. I do not find a dockedItems option in the API (though there are plenty of methods for manipulating it).

Is this just an undoc'd feature?

Jamie Avins
19 Jul 2010, 9:51 AM
This should be documented completely. This options allows you to dock components to the top, bottom, left or right side of a panel.

DaveC426913
19 Jul 2010, 9:57 AM
I agree, it should be. But as far as I can tell, either it is not documented, or I am misunderstanding what I am looking at.

Having seen this in the code, I would expect to look in the API docs find a config option dockedItems for Ext.Panel.

Jamie Avins
19 Jul 2010, 9:58 AM
Absolutely, we'll get that documented as soon as possible.

DaveC426913
19 Jul 2010, 10:06 AM
That's cool. Just good to know.

Since I'm still learning Sencha/Ext, any confusion I encounter like this I first assume is due to my own ignorance.

TommyMaintz
28 Jul 2010, 11:33 AM
This documentation has been added and will be part of the next release (0.9.3) due beginning of next week.