PDA

View Full Version : Accordion Headache

aneriel
15 Jul 2010, 10:57 AM
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but I have a Window with Tabs. In one Tab I have a panel with layout of Accordion. I dropped 3 panels onto this to make my Employment Reference 1, 2, and 3 respectively. The only one that shows is that one that I have active. Switching to the others shows a blank page. I've tried everything I could think of with the exception of hardcoding a height. Please help!

Few Other things I just noticed:

- When setting my activeTab to that of Employment, each accordion will display its contents.

aneriel
15 Jul 2010, 11:11 AM
Ok, so I changed the layout of my panel that holds the table from "fit" to "card" and it works now. Could someone explain why this is? I thought Fit would fit as far x/y as it could go? What about layout auto?

thanks, sorry if this is common sense, i'm still learning.

jarrednicholls
15 Jul 2010, 3:35 PM
Hi aneriel,

"auto" layout will simply render the components verbatim sequentially, no sizing or anything takes place. In other words, each component is responsible for its own height, width, and position. Nothing special at all.

Fit will take the first child and make it fit 100% of the container's width/height, and only show that one item. No other child items will show.

Card extends Fit, where it only shows one at a time, but allows you to switch to the other items at any time. A TabPanel uses a Card layout under-the-hood...when you switch tabs, it's switching the active item in the Card layout.

Does that help I hope?

aneriel
16 Jul 2010, 5:22 AM
Yes it does. I was thinking of everything completely wrong ..no wonder I was getting so frustrated lol. I've been cramming all this information as quickly as possible due to multiple projects going on, that everything is just running together. Did you get a chance to look at my project? I'm curious if I'm laying everything out correctly. I seem to have a lot of nested "panels".

Thanks.