PDA

View Full Version : ShowBy - next to an object, not under it

darrenb
21 Jul 2010, 12:12 AM
Hi,
I'm using a panel that pops up (overlays), similar to the one demonstrated in the Kitchen Sink example. At the moment the pop up shows when you hit a button and appears in the middle of the screen.

However, i'd like the pop up to appear next to the button that was tapped to show it, along with a pointer. I've seen examples where the popup appears below a button using the showby method (like the 'show source' in the Kitchen Sink), however, i was wondering if it was (or will be ;)) possible to have the popup appear to the left or right of an object using this method call?

If it's not possible, what's the best way to achieve this? Given that the buttons are on a panel that can be scrolled up and down and would like the overlayed panel to 'stick' next to the button; and that it has a pointer extending from the overlayed panel to the middle of the right edge of the button.

Thanks,
Darren.

evant
21 Jul 2010, 1:41 AM
Currently, no, the arrow position is based on the box offsets.

Have a look at the show by method, the code is reasonably straight forward. In future we might look at adding a feature like this.