PDA

View Full Version : Grouped Grid that also paginates

citress
22 Jul 2010, 1:27 PM
Is it possible to have a grouped grid that also paginates? Based on the examples in the showcase, the paging grid invokes the ListLoader in a Attach listener whereas the grouped grid invokes the ListLoader when the groupedBy property is set. Different loadConfigs are used by those loaders as well - is it possible to reconcile them?

sven
22 Jul 2010, 1:31 PM
Yes that is possible.

citress
22 Jul 2010, 1:42 PM
So what do I have to do differently? Is there an example?

Currently when I give the paging grid a GroupedView, it invokes the loader with a BaseGroupingLoadConfig and it does not contain paging info (offset and limit).

sven
22 Jul 2010, 1:50 PM
You will need to add a BasePagingGroupLoadConfig etc. But in the end, this is possible

citress
22 Jul 2010, 2:08 PM
Yes I can certainly create a load config that captures all the data I need - the more important question is which component should be responsible for creating, populating and invoking the loader with this new BasePagingGroupLoadConfig?

Should I:
1. Extend GroupingStore, give it a reference of the grid, and overwrite the groupBy() method to create BasePagingGroupLoadConfig and populate it the way I need, or
2. Somehow try to prevent GroupingStore from executing the loader and do this stuff in the Attach Listener of the paging grid?

Which approach is "more feasible"? Or is there a better approach?

sven
22 Jul 2010, 2:13 PM
3) Have a GroupLoader that can handle this ;)

You can extend BasePagingLoader for this for example.