PDA

View Full Version : Extjs Designer - Keyup event in TextField

csext2
26 Jul 2010, 8:11 AM
Hi,

After spending a bit of time wondering why my keyup / keypress events didn't work, I noticed that there is a new "enableKeyEvents" param that needs to be set to true on the Ext textfield. However, there is no such config option in the extjs designer (am I not seeing it?).

Is there any way to do this in a clean fashion? The only option I see right now is to leave this component out of the designer, build it programmatically, and add it into the ui at runtime.

Also, why not enable this flag by default? Performance reasons?

Thanks,
Ismail Degani

jsakalos
26 Jul 2010, 12:11 PM
We haven't setup Premium Designer Forum (yet) so I'm moving your thread to Designer Help & Discussion Forum.

jarrednicholls
26 Jul 2010, 12:17 PM
Hi Ismail,

The enableKeyEvents config option is available in version 1.0.2+. You can upgrade by downloading the installer here: http://www.sencha.com/products/designer/download.php. You will then be prompted for an automatic downloadable update to get you up and running with the latest version.

As far as the default value is concerned, the reason varies...from performance to potential headaches/conflicts with derivative components (i.e. ComboBox). But, that may change in a future release.

Let me know if you have any questions or troubles. Thanks.