PDA

View Full Version : I have purchased a key, how do I provide it to an expired trial

davisty
27 Jul 2010, 5:26 AM
There is no place to provide the key. When I go to login to get key, it just hangs up.

Condor
27 Jul 2010, 5:30 AM
I assume that this is a question about the Ext Designer? In that case you posted in the wrong forum.

[moving post to Ext Designer Help forum]

davisty
27 Jul 2010, 5:32 AM
Wrong forum or not, how do I provide the key.

jarrednicholls
27 Jul 2010, 6:07 AM
Hi Ty,

I will continue to correspond with you via email. So that anyone else who reads this can understand, the key is not meant to be entered into the software, it is merely an identifier that we use for licensing purposes. We associate that identifier to one or more Sencha forum usernames as needed. The software has a login form, and when you authenticate the username is queried and found to be paired with a particular license and then the software is activated from there.

abhinavguptas
31 Aug 2010, 9:43 PM
I am having the same issue, have the license key but can't find a place in website or designer to enter it. Designed has so confusing interface. Please simplify this.

jarrednicholls
1 Sep 2010, 5:32 AM
Hi abhinavguptas,

The license key is not to be entered, otherwise there would be an obvious place to do so. Rather the license key is merely for you to hold onto and for us to use as reference on our end to match your forum username to the license. You simply login to the software, which connects to our license server and matches your account to the license and in turn activates the software.

Please see this stickied thread: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?95015-I-purchased-but-still-retrieve-a-trial-license There is a link to instructions. In short, you must contact orders [at] sencha.com with the instructed information, and they will hook up your account to your license.

Regards,
Jarred