PDA

View Full Version : Submenus hide behavior

ddanny
28 Jul 2010, 5:05 AM
In order to understand what I need help for, please see
http://www.sencha.com/examples-dev/explorer.html#basictoolbar

Expand Button w/Menu and then hover the Radio Options. The 2 MenuItems under the Radio Options are now visible. Now if you move the mouse to the left until the cursor is no longer above the Radio Options, the submenu is hidden. But if you move it very fast, the submenu remains visible. Is there anything I can do in order to have the second behavior always?

Regards,

Dan

sven
28 Jul 2010, 5:34 AM
The menu should always hide, regardless of the mousespeed. I will fix this.

ddanny
28 Jul 2010, 5:38 AM
Is there a way I can make the submenu stay displayed if I click on the parent menu (in this case Radio Options) and then have it hide if I click somewhere else?
Currently, the default behavior is that the entire menu is hidden if I click on the Radio Options.

Dan

sven
28 Jul 2010, 5:47 AM
setHideOnClick(false) on the CheckMenuItem should do it

ddanny
28 Jul 2010, 7:03 AM
This fixes part of the issue I have.
Remember the issue with the submenu being kept visible if the mouse was moving fast enough? I (the client actually) need to have it stay displayed no matter how fast I move the mouse. Is this possible by setting some flag or something?

Dan

sven
28 Jul 2010, 7:05 AM
You can extend Menu and remove the feature that is deactivating an item on mouseout if there is a submenu open. I would wait with this subclass until i have the fix in SVN.

sven
13 Aug 2010, 2:36 AM
The change is in SVN now as of revision 2173