PDA

View Full Version : Ext GWT 2.1.1 - Problem with "Add Record" after column header sort

wdvalena
8 Aug 2010, 6:29 AM
Hi,

I was testing Ext GWT 2.1.1 Demo->Grid->EditorGrid and noticed that add record button only works when the store is not sorted. Add record fails after the grid is sorted (Clicking the Column Header).

Is this a bug?

Thanks,

sven
9 Aug 2010, 6:28 AM
The new model gets inserted add the position where it would be in this sorted store (it is there, just scroll down the list)

wdvalena
9 Aug 2010, 8:06 AM
Hi sven,

Sorry, but I tried it and scrolled down to the end of the list, when I add a record it goes to the first record on the grid and goes to edit mode. There was no record added.

sven
9 Aug 2010, 8:11 AM
For me a new plant called "New Plant" gets added

wdvalena
9 Aug 2010, 8:14 AM
I can add "New Plant" when there is no Sorted Field. But once I click on any of the column header. I can no longer add "New Plant".

sven
9 Aug 2010, 8:16 AM
Scroll the list down to the correct position and you will see it.

sven
9 Aug 2010, 8:19 AM
If this is really not working for you, which browser are you using?

wdvalena
9 Aug 2010, 8:19 AM
That's what I did... I tried on Safari, IE8, and Chrome... Same thing happens... I'm testing the Ext GWT 2.1.1

sven
9 Aug 2010, 8:22 AM
http://www.sencha.com/examples/explorer.html#editablegrid

Sort "Company Name" column. Store should be sorted now. Hit the "add plant" button. Scroll down the grid so you can see plants starting with M and P. Inbetween you will see one plant starting with N. Its called "New Plant 1" and is the new inserted one.

wdvalena
9 Aug 2010, 8:26 AM
Ok, Got it. Thanks a lot... The "New Plant" gets added on the list. However. The grid selection is still positioned and editing the first record of the grid...

sven
9 Aug 2010, 8:28 AM
Yes because its hardcoded to edit the first row.

wdvalena
9 Aug 2010, 8:30 AM
Ok.. Thanks for the quick reply...