PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED-222] nested list bugs

hellbound41
11 Aug 2010, 12:35 PM
I've been working a lot with nested lists recently, and i wanted to mention a couple weird things that i think might be bugs (then again, this is the first app I've worked on with Sencha, so forgive me if im just being a nube)

- Unable to disable scrolling. the api mentiones scrolling can be set to horizontal, vertical, false, or a Scrollable object. Horizontal works fine, vertical is default true. Setting it to false, or using the Scroll object to vertical false does nothing... vertical scrolling always works. (im trying to disable scrolling on a list item which is a map panel. dont want the page to scroll when im trying to drag the map)

- list items that are already instantiated (i.e. not created on the fly within the items config option) will load, but will crash the back button. i.e. hitting back on a nested list item that is say an xpanel will correctly return to the previous items menu, but returning to the same xpanel will result in the list crashing.

hellbound41
11 Aug 2010, 12:40 PM
i think the second item has been mentioned by others, and i just read up that nested lists will get some love in the next release... hopefully it will fix these issues

Jamie Avins
12 Aug 2010, 9:00 AM
Thank your for the report. I logged an issue on the first item as I don't see it reported before.

aconran
6 Sep 2010, 12:22 PM
NestedList has been significantly refactored in the 0.94 build. NestedList now binds to a TreeStore

It is an Ext.Panel with a layout of card that holds Ext.List's for each level of the Tree. You can optionally implement a getDetailCard which will show a card after tapping on a leaf node in the TreeStore.

This will resolve the bug where list items that were already instantiated would break the back button.

There is currently no out of the box configuration/method to disable scrolling on the individual Ext.List's that the Ext.NestedList contains. You could do this by getting the activeitem and turning off the scrolling.

aconran
6 Sep 2010, 12:22 PM
I am closing this ticket for the instantiated card items/back button. If you have additional feature requests such as being able to disable the scrolling of Ext.List items etc, please open another thread.

luiscarrascob
16 Sep 2010, 11:44 AM
I am using version 0.95, when you try to add a NestedList to a TabPanel, I get a Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'getRootNode' of undefined. This was working in 0.91

aconran
16 Sep 2010, 12:02 PM
I am using version 0.95, when you try to add a NestedList to a TabPanel, I get a Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'getRootNode' of undefined. This was working in 0.91

Luis, the new nested list that binds to a TreeStore as of 0.94+ will be the API that is used in all future versions of 1.x. Do you want to add a TabPanel as the final card within the NestedList? If so take a look at getDetailCard.

Otherwise it sounds like you are probably looking for a different component, perhaps a container with a layout of card.

jamesgpearce
1 Oct 2010, 9:30 AM
Does it only bind to a store? What does the 'items' option mean in that case?

The docs currently don't make it clear that 'store' is a mandatory option.

Personally I rather like instantiating a nested list directly with an items collection (even if that were to become a 'store' behind the scenes).

PS the docs are missing Ext.regModel

aconran
1 Oct 2010, 9:38 AM
Does it only bind to a store? What does the 'items' option mean in that case?

The docs currently don't make it clear that 'store' is a mandatory option.

Yes, it only binds to a store. The items option is invalid and should be hidden from the documentation.

Personally I rather like instantiating a nested list directly with an items collection (even if that were to become a 'store' behind the scenes).

This is not the purpose of a NestedList. It sounds like you are just looking for a Panel with a layout of card and some items within it.

PS the docs are missing Ext.regModel

Thanks, will get this in the next release.

jamesgpearce
1 Oct 2010, 9:43 AM
Yes, it only binds to a store. The items option is invalid and should be hidden from the documentation.

Cool, no problem. On the live docs it's coming through (as defined in Container)

jamesgpearce
1 Oct 2010, 11:29 AM
This is not the purpose of a NestedList. It sounds like you are just looking for a Panel with a layout of card and some items within it.

Slightly confused. Like most mobile apps I want a nested navigation menu, and I assume that nested lists are the correct pattern for that.

I used to use nested lists as quick and simple definition of my app's information architecture. I think I blanched the syntactic overhead of a datastore, with, in turn a model, root and a proxy - to do what used to be a simple nested object structure.

PS^2 all three of those datastore options are mandatory, but only proxy is documented ;-)