PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED-408] textfields unresponsive to first taps on iOS devices

Ralph Haygood
12 Aug 2010, 6:01 PM
Repeatedly, I've observed that right after a textfield is rendered on an iOS device, it's unresponsive to at least the first tap on it; sometimes, it's unresponsive to the first several taps on it. If you keep tapping, it eventually focuses, and thereafter, if you return to it, it focuses normally (i.e., with one tap). It isn't that the response to the first tap(s) is just slow; you can tap, wait for a minute, and nothing visible happens. I see this on an iPhone, on an iPod Touch, and in Apple's iPad simulator. I don't see it on a Nexus One.

UPDATE: Experiments suggest this doesn't happen when the textfield belongs to a fieldset. So I'll make a habit of wrapping textfields in fieldsets. However, I find this mysterious.

Jamie Avins
16 Aug 2010, 7:11 AM
Sound like a masking issue, we'll check into it.

blessan
25 Aug 2010, 2:53 AM
Im having the same issues. Sometimes I have to tap atleast 5 times. Once it comes, then it will come every time I tap.

atchijov
2 Sep 2010, 5:00 PM
Similar issue here. On iOS 4.0 on Simulator and on iOS 3.1.3 on iPod touch. In my login form, first touch to first field usually does work. But trying to touch next field does not (either by touching it or by hitting "Next" on keyboard). Hitting "done" on keyboard and then re-touching field usually fixes the problem.

Jacky Nguyen
8 Sep 2010, 10:34 PM
I can't seem to re-produce the issue with 0.94 Kitchensink Forms example (http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/examples/kitchensink/). All fields get focused on the very first tap, on both iPad & iPhones. Can you re-confirm this?

blessan
11 Sep 2010, 2:18 AM
The kitchen sink demo in your links seems to be ok. But the one that comes with 0.94 realease seems to only trigger after 2 taps.

aconran
14 Sep 2010, 3:06 PM
Can't reproduce this in iOS 3 or 4 with the 0.94 or 0.95 release. Can you try the 0.95 build and see if you have the same problems?

blessan
14 Sep 2010, 8:53 PM
Now its ok. I tested on my iphone 4. But still the form design breaks after we hit the 'Done' button in the keyboard. Ive already posted a bug on this.

aconran
15 Sep 2010, 2:22 PM
Thx, closing this ticket.

Nostromo
1 Oct 2010, 6:01 AM
When I check it with my Ipad the textfields are still unresponsive. Needs 2 taps to select them.

This also is the case with the kitchensink demo on the website. The kitchensink example comming with 0.96 and the forms example included in 0.96.

havent tested it on Iphone only on Ipad.
Hope you guys reopen this issue and take a closer look...

Animal
2 Oct 2010, 9:54 AM
This has reappeared in 0.96. Run the "Forms" demo on an iPhone,, and you have to tap a field twice to focus it.

SimonFlack
8 Oct 2010, 3:50 AM
Still getting this issue with 0.96. Tested with iPhone 3Gs and 4

emroot
12 Oct 2010, 6:57 AM
I got that too with the 0.96
I din't get it on the 0.93, but have it in the 0.96
I hope it'll be fixed soon.

BrendanC
12 Oct 2010, 9:41 AM
Thanks it is now open under a new ticket. http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?111874-textfields-unresponsive-to-first-taps-on-iOS-devices-(0.96

BrendanC
5 Nov 2010, 1:35 PM
Appears to be fixed in the most recent release.