PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question: GUI Designing

mariob
13 Aug 2010, 8:15 PM
Hello, I'm a delphi programmer and as soon as I found out about ext js i was crazy about it! I'm used to the delphi IDE where I can drag and drop and design my interface(GUI), however I'm probably missing something very basic here, how do I move stuff around? :(

jarrednicholls
15 Aug 2010, 7:37 PM
Hi mariob,

If you want to move a child component from one component to another, you can use the Component Tree on the right-hand side, and drag/drop the tree nodes to move or reorder.

Ext JS has many different types of layouts for positioning components within a Container (see the different layouts here: http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/dev/docs/?class=Ext.layout.ContainerLayout). If you want something where you position components absolutely by dragging them, you can set your container to the "absolute" layout, and then all components inside of it can be arranged by hand. Otherwise, you can use another layout for a more dynamic/fluid arrangement.

Hope that helps!

ssamayoa
16 Aug 2010, 8:29 AM
There is a lot of stuff which doesnt work as you expected.
For example, to delete a component one would expect that simply selecting the component and hit "delete" key do it.
But you have to rigth click and from context menu select "delete".
Search in this forum other posts responded by Jarred or asked by me, in one of them you should find a link to the designer's getting started manual which should be in the download page of the designer.

Notice that the designer is just for GUI design, is not full RAD tool as Delphi. But it worths its price, belive me.

Regards.