PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN-235] Tablet Launch Screen when Web App Added To Home on iPAD

snowdog
15 Aug 2010, 3:46 AM
Hi

Checked to see if this had been reported but could find anything so here goes (all from memory as it only seems to affect the first run through - see below)

Load up http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/examples/kitchensink/ (I had done it after downloading to my local dev server) on the ipad and add the "app" to the "home Screen".

Then launch app from ipad in landscape mode.

You get a blank launch screen - bit weird - logged onto laptop - Javascript files - yep the Kitchsink has a tablet launch png defined.

Try on iphone - all fine.

Try on ipad - no joy.

re-try on ipad after rotating to portrait. See the launch graphic.

Now retry whole thing in landscape on the ipad - now have a launch graphic but the graphic is in portrait layout - so its 90 degrees out - also the graphic does not (even though its showing portrait whilst I am in landscape) quite meet at the top - its about a centimeter too short.

Retry in portrait - all fine
Retry in landscape - graphic is 90 degrees out and the launch graphic is about a centimeter too short.

Hope this helps

Stu

blessan
17 Aug 2010, 9:41 PM
I could also not see the launch screen. But havent tested completely like above.

Jamie Avins
18 Aug 2010, 8:11 AM
Than you for the report.

davidkaneda
10 Oct 2010, 4:49 PM
Sorry, unfortunately this is a bug with the iOS 3.2 on the iPad, will check to see if it's still in 4.2...