PDA

View Full Version : Bug in PieChart animation

Cravi
23 Aug 2010, 9:55 AM
Hi everyone,

I wanted to create a pie charts that have moveable slices as mouse over.
But the methods

- setAlphaHighlight(false);
- setAnimate(true);

aren't working in the right way. Or in the way they are described.
The description for "setAnimate" says
"Sets if animation of slice rotation build is enabled."
but only if I set this method to true I can get the move effect.
and if it's true the method setAlphaHighlight doesn't change anything, whether it's true or false.
If setAnimate is false I get absolutely no effect. No move and no highlighting.
And if I don't set the setAnimate, I can set the setAlphaHighlight to true or false, and get only highlighted slices but no movement....

I know it sounds a little bit weird but believe me I was weird too, when I tried to understand what this methods are doing :-)

I tried it on Firefox 3.6 and Safari 5.0
Gxt Version 2.1.1 and 2.2.

Greets
Cravi

sven
23 Aug 2010, 10:04 AM
We are not donig anything special with it. These are options by OFC. In a later version of OFC, these complete API got changed, probably because it does not work well together.

We are going to update the used version of OFCin GXT3 or probably we go completly away from OFC.

Due to API changes we cannot update this in any minor version

What are you trying to do in the end?

Cravi
24 Aug 2010, 6:01 AM
Oh ok. I'm sorry. I thought these are written methods from you that are connecting to OFC.

I tried to create a Pie Chart that has this moveable slices by mouseover and I tried to select slices permanent after clicking them.
First one was feasible after finding the right options, the second one I guess, is not possible.

So hopefully in a later version of GXT the charting will be a little bit more comprehensive.

But thanks for all your work. I love gxt :-)

sven
24 Aug 2010, 6:02 AM
Oh ok. I'm sorry. I thought these are written methods from you that are connecting to OFC.
They are, but we cannot offer more than what OFC offers with these methods.