PDA

View Full Version : Scrollbars on top Firefox/Dialog

sheynkman
10 Dec 2006, 9:02 AM
Unusually, something works great in IE and not in FF (2.0). I am dynamically popping up a dialog (layout and regular) over an existing layout that has a region with scrollbars.
For some reason (I thought it was a Z-index issue, but not) the dialog appears fine, can be dragged, and shows on top of all the content as intended, BUT in firefox, the auto-generated scollbars in one of the region are always on top of the dialog.

Any ideas?

sheynkman
10 Dec 2006, 9:44 AM
I think it's an issue not just with Firefox, but Firefox on the Mac (which happens to be my development platform :) ). True for both 1.5 and 2.0 FF.
Would hate to exclude us Mac people :)

jack.slocum
10 Dec 2006, 12:24 PM
Scrollbars on firefox mac are like selects in ie6. Adding "shim:true" should fix it.

sheynkman
10 Dec 2006, 12:43 PM
Thanks, jack. That did it. SHIMS.

jitterdoug
5 Jul 2007, 5:35 PM
Jack, where do you put the shim:true code in your css file? I added it to the body tag and it seemed to work and then when I emptied my cache and did a few more tweaks to my site, suddenly the scrollbars and floating on top again. Now no matter where I put shim:true, it doesn't seem to work.

I basically have the same issue as above. I have several galleries on my site that use lightbox to display. Lightbox floats above with an semi-opaque background covering the screen, but in firefox for mac all the auto overflow scroll bars stay visible and on top of the gallery images. It's frustrating.

tryanDLS
5 Jul 2007, 6:22 PM
shim:true is a config entry for dialog - see the examples. In the future please post these questions in Help.

ronz
22 Oct 2007, 9:40 AM
One thing I've noticed is that shimming doesn't seem to do the trick when the scrollbar is rendered after the dialog in question. In my case, I have a splash screen up while everything loads behind it, and when the pane behind it is rendered the scrollbar whacks right across it.

(And yes, Ext.useShims == true, and inspection in firebug verifies that shims are in use)

Don't know if there's anything to be done about it, but if there are any ideas...

ronz
30 Oct 2007, 2:20 PM
I have discovered that certain FF themes do not exhibit this problem.