PDA

View Full Version : 0.94: Container doesn't render given a 'card' layout

orangechicken
14 Sep 2010, 10:25 AM
I have a Panel-extending class that is added to a fullscreen Panel container. If I give it `layout: 'card'` then layout() is never called and the instance's items are never rendered. If I remove `layout: 'card'` then the items render (but then of course my setCard calls fail since this.layout.setActiveItem doesn't exist).

Dave

orangechicken
14 Sep 2010, 10:45 AM
Looks like I may have found the problem: I had a child container that had position:absolute. Removing that seems to cause the card layout to then render.... ?

aconran
14 Sep 2010, 10:46 AM
Can you produce an example for us to take a look at?

orangechicken
14 Sep 2010, 10:50 AM
Possibly unrelated: Also it seems that giving an element a height in the initialConfig object stops it from rendering ... ?? What's going on?

I have `{ id: 'html-carousel', cls: 'carousel-container'}` ... this renders fine.
If I add a height, ala: `{ id: 'html-carousel', cls: 'carousel-container', height: 200}` then it doesn't add or render any children. WTF?

orangechicken
14 Sep 2010, 10:51 AM
@aconran: Don't know if I can simplify it down to recreate, but I'll look into it.

orangechicken
14 Sep 2010, 12:52 PM
Aha. And it seems that if you don't tell .x-panel-body, for example, to be height:100% then it gets its height set to 0 pixels!!