PDA

View Full Version : Manual navigation and navigation panel update

kortovos
16 Sep 2010, 5:27 AM
I am currently working on an app where the user must be able to quickly navigate through various documents. How do you add navigation between different cards/panels while also updating the navigation panel? For instance, selecting a list item and getting a detail page of it with various other pages accessible via the navigation panel.

xnakxx
16 Sep 2010, 3:11 PM
It's probably all me but I cant quite grasp the scenario you are describing. Do you have an example that you can post or link to?

kortovos
16 Sep 2010, 10:29 PM
It's probably all me but I cant quite grasp the scenario you are describing. Do you have an example that you can post or link to?

Look at the Kitchensink for the layout. In my app you take the list panel . You select one of the persons on the list (disclosure) and you get the details of that person in the forms panel and the forms panel is shown/ displayed, and in the navigation panel the forms panel has become selected(blue and white).

If that could be done that would be great. Even greater would be, that I could select the adress of the person in the forms or list panel (displayed by item select and overlay) and that the adress would appear on the map panel (which is located in my app on the upper level of the navigation tree, like in the kitchensink of V 0.93).

In short, I would like the users of my app to be able to navigate between forms, lists and other components and panels without having to select them on the navigation panel, and to have the navigation panel update accordingly.

kortovos
20 Sep 2010, 10:24 PM
The switching to a new card isn't that hard, but changing the selected navigation item (in the nested list) is. Anyone any ideas?