PDA

View Full Version : Automated Carousel scrolling?

Bucs
23 Sep 2010, 6:20 AM
Is there any way to make the Carousel automatically scroll through it's content on a timed basis, without the user having to swipe? Probably have to use polling proxy or something but not sure.

Putting together new demo where client needs that.

Btw, put together another demo in Sencha Touch last month that beat out UseNet for huge mobile web site project. I had spent all of 2 days using Sencha Touch up to that point. It's gaining momentum!

Thanks

mitchellsimoens
23 Sep 2010, 1:15 PM
Why not just have a setTimeout or use the DelayedTask funtion and then just use next() on the carousel?

Bucs
23 Sep 2010, 1:33 PM
Thanks Mitchell, yes...I figured it would be probably end up being something like that. I'll need to add additional code to see if last image in carousel, roll to the first image. It would be nice if there was an auto-scroll property on the carousel in the config, wit timed valued. Feature request?

Thanks again...

mitchellsimoens
23 Sep 2010, 1:35 PM
I've seen that come up several times where people want it to be able to scroll to the first card. Since you are doing this on a timer then it's easy for you to do with a listener. People who want to be able to swipe and go to the first card will have a difficult time.