PDA

View Full Version : iframe issue

pajelawrence
23 Sep 2010, 8:05 PM
Hi All,

I was trying to load a certain webapps on the apps. I have used iframe to do it.
here is my code:

html: '<iframe style=\"border:none;height:100%;width:100%\" src='+apps_rec.get('links')+'></iframe>',

It loads the apps, but when I navigate on the iframed apps and my whole apps was frozen or hung.:-?
Is there other way to achieved this iframe into sencha touch.
Or I have some missing on my code? Any tips will appreciated much..

Regards,

Lawrence

jay@moduscreate.com
24 Sep 2010, 8:33 AM
given the limited power of the mobile devices, why are you loading iframes?

Theodosis
24 Sep 2010, 4:24 PM
That's actually a good question. What shall I do, if I want to have a home-screen-app, where users will be able to navigate to other sites and then back to the app?( see: facebook application ). I was thinking the iframe solution, but I 'm not sure if that would work correctly... ( new-tab calls from inside the frame, memory-consuming pages etc )

pajelawrence
27 Sep 2010, 7:22 PM
Basically the reason why some user or developer want to use the iframe, is that they can manage the cross domain apps. Like the other sencha apps as well or other web apps that are written into different framework.
But on my case, I have a main apps which is dynamic content or each every user, something like social networking apps, and some features of it is that each user have their own apps embedded on their home page. So, that is why I have used the iframe, but since it will not worked well.