PDA

View Full Version : Android Forms + 0.96

meQ
24 Sep 2010, 3:58 AM
Hey guys,

After working with sencha for two months i'm very happy with your framework.
I already deloyed my app on android and iphone and most things work just fine.

Android Forms:
There have been two updates since i'm using sencha, but android forms haven't improved very much, as far as i can tell.
I'm sure it's not easy and i bet you are doing your best to fix android related bugs as soon as possible.

Are there improvements related to android forms in 0.96?

Issues found:
- I'm using passwordfield within formPanel which is not working at all.
- On android 2.2 forms are jumping all the time. I'm using modal formpanels with fixed width and heigth.
(This is not happening on 2.1)

Thanks for your great work!

gabrielstuff
28 Sep 2010, 3:00 AM
Hi !
I am also working hard on forms.

Here is what I've found as far :

The forms keeps jumping in Android 2.2
The keyboard layout does not pop back well when touching out (quiet weird as it's a nativ feature)
The form like textfield still appearing when changing view (example in kitchen sink with nested list)

Also, I would like to know how did you manage to post using a mobile ? meaning you are doing cross-domain ajax ? right ?

Thank you,

meQ
28 Sep 2010, 3:06 AM
hey gabrielstuff,

For your keyboard bug: Have you tried forcing blur on a field to hide the keyboard - thats what i did.

Ajax:
I'm writing a mobile client for our existing web-application thats located at mobile.domain.com.
Our API is at domain.com/mobile/, so there was a problem with cross-domain restrictions.
I wrote a simple php script that forwards all requests that go to mobile.domain.com/mobile/ to domain.com/mobile!
So everything is working fine, even in phonegap on android and iphone!

Cheers

gabrielstuff
28 Sep 2010, 6:09 AM
Ok thanks but how do you manage to execute the first script in place.
I mean, you are on the mobile :

1. Then you click on fill the form
2. view of form panel with a submit button (local device)
3. click on submit from local device to example.com/login.php
Here you need something to call this file from your device, right ?

4. you follow the login.php script from example.com/login.php to example.com/db/login_pro.php
To do this, you need first to execute from local the login.php script and so to use a XHR request to this file.

Looking to hear from you.

Thanks,

meQ
28 Sep 2010, 6:19 AM
I'm not sure if i understood your problem.

In my case the app is simply a html5 offline app using the manifest file (mobile.example.com). So it's possible to fire ajax-requests to the same domain. I'm using PHP for session-handling and login. And to enable cross-domain ajax it's easy to simply include your file from the same server or write yourself a proxy using curl with php.

Another solution is JSONP - have tried it?

On mobile.example.com there is a file called mobile.php which is my ajax handler for all requests. So i have a file that includes /live/mobile.php when the request comes to /mobile/mobile.php

Did i get it?

Greeting

gabrielstuff
25 Oct 2010, 5:08 AM
Hi meQ,

I do know why, but it is now working fine.
However, I've got this problem with the form that keep showing up even if they are not selected.
did you find a solution for that ?
Thank you !

meQ
25 Oct 2010, 6:21 AM
Hi!

What do you mean?
I'm still stuck with the gap problem..

gabrielstuff
25 Oct 2010, 7:07 AM
Hello,
If you click on a form and then go on an other card, a form stay up in front.
You know like this :

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?111666-DUPE-396-Form-field-stuck-on-android&highlight=form+android

Thanks !

for the gap, try with different height.
It works perfect for me.

I add the height AND the code in the other thread, where I check for event and force blur and force to remove thenative scroll.