PDA

View Full Version : Ext Gwt Reuse for Touch

richardcatlin
24 Sep 2010, 6:13 AM
I wrote a Ext Gwt application using ModelData on my server-side, and components such as List and Tree on my client side. Can I reuse any of this code for Touch?

Does Touch support the concept of TreeStore and ListStore, or is there a way for me to emulate it on the client?

Can I use Touch to RPC, or do I have to create a Restful Webservice and return JSON? I suppose I could create a method in each of my ModelData instances that returns the JSON representation.

Any guidance would be appreciated?

Thank you.
Richard Catlin

qbert65536
24 Sep 2010, 7:30 AM
I'd love to see this also, to be able to leverage my GWT-RPC services within my Sencha touch app. Or even better, a GXT version for Sencha touch would be _amazing_.

jay@moduscreate.com
24 Sep 2010, 8:23 AM
The Gxt code is not reusable for sencha touch. Sencha touch is purely JavaScript. You could have answered your questions by looking at the API and scrolling through the class list.

richardcatlin
27 Sep 2010, 5:18 AM
Thanks. You are right if I had looked at the api, I it would have answered most of my questions. The api/objects are very similiar to GXT.

One question I do have is:

Can I use Ext.Ajax to connect to a GWT RPC method that returns JSON? It is not clear to me after reading the GWT RPC docs that it is standard ajax. I'm not familiar with this part of the technology being a Java programmer.

Or do I have to use a different technology such as REST? If so is there an example configuration?

Thank you.
Richard Catlin