PDA

View Full Version : Tab icon text appears over image

DanMcCoy
26 Sep 2010, 2:26 AM
Hello

I'm just starting out with sencha touch and I've started creating a new page based on the tabs2 example from the main website.
I'm pretty sure I've understood everything in the example and set my page up in the same way, but for some reason, the text on the tab icons is appearing slightly too high. So the text appears behind the bottom if the image.

Have a made a common mistake that anyone can think of?
I've been using the web inspector in safari to try and track down the difference between my site and the example of the website but I can't find any differences that would cause this.

I just wondered if there was a common mistake that a lot of people made that caused this problem so I could fix it easily.

Thanks

jay@moduscreate.com
26 Sep 2010, 2:36 PM
dan, what are you testing on and developing for? What version of the framework are you using? I've never heard of this. What i would suggest is to check if you have any strange CSS lying around. If the examples work on your hardware, you are most likely doing something very odd and should o through your code with a fine comb.

iamcam
29 Aug 2011, 8:50 PM
I know this reply is coming quite a long time after the original question, but I can answer what's going on.

If you don't set the title of the TabBar item/component, calling component.tab.setText('New Title') will put the text above the icon. However, if you make that component title anything, even if just a whitespace, by default, you will be able to change the text and make that text appear below the image. I think that makes sense.