PDA

View Full Version : ExtJS: Designer - Editing Code

van.thieu
28 Sep 2010, 10:06 AM
Is there a way to edit the generated code under the Code tab?

jarrednicholls
28 Sep 2010, 7:54 PM
At this time there is no editing of code within the Designer. Any manual code (event handlers, business logic, etc.) is to be done in the exported javascript classes in your IDE of choice.

filippo.ferrari
1 Oct 2010, 1:39 AM
I suggest, instead of editing code of ui in every part, an "editable class" that exported extend a specific autogenerated class. This to keep separate business logic and event handling from ui.

For example permit to edit: class.js but not class.ui.js

Actually in my fresh exported version of class.js I've to add manually event handling etc. :(( from my previous functioning version.

(Sorry for explanation and my English /:) )

Filippo

jarrednicholls
1 Oct 2010, 5:21 AM
Hi Filippo,

That is exactly how the Designer works :-) Have you read the Getting Started guide? At the end it explains the difference between the .js and the .ui.js files. The former is editable and not overwritten on each export, while the .ui.js is overwritten on each export. The .js class extends from the .ui.js.

http://www.sencha.com/learn/Ext_Designer

Thanks,
Jarred

filippo.ferrari
1 Oct 2010, 5:48 AM
Ok! It's perfect for me! ;)

tfcoding
5 Oct 2010, 1:16 PM
First Time i used Ext Designer (about 1 week), i missed this feature, but at the point where i have understood the paradigm how the designer works, this feature seems useless to me

jarrednicholls
5 Oct 2010, 1:40 PM
tfcoding,

Indeed, if code editing is a feature in the future, most likely the only files that would be editable are the ones you currently edit after project export anyways. One could come to the conclusion that it is "useless", or more appropriately, a less important feature vs others on the wish list...and a feature that would ultimately be far inferior to any IDE or text editor out there.

EAHC-IT
15 Dec 2010, 1:32 AM
Any plan for the Handlers/listeners encoding through the Designer?

jarrednicholls
15 Dec 2010, 7:35 AM
In fact it is on the roadmap now. We're looking at a RTM of this for 1.5 which is for late Q2.

Christiand
17 Dec 2010, 5:12 AM
We're looking at a RTM of this for 1.5 which is for late Q2.

is there a public roadmap for the designer ? version and planned implementation ?

jarrednicholls
17 Dec 2010, 7:26 AM
Not at this time. The planned implementations are not detailed, but you can see a Sencha product roadmap in the SenchaCon 2010 Keynote presentation: http://www.sencha.com/conference/sessions/session.php?sid=110 Slides 52 & 57...what's on slides 52 will be implemented by Designer 1.5, and Sencha Touch integration is also on that schedule.

aschreiber
17 Aug 2011, 7:20 AM
REALLY???

I MEAN REALLY???

Why on Earth would you NOT want to edit code? There is no reason to not have a code editor.

:((