PDA

View Full Version : Embedding lists in a vbox container

qbert65536
28 Sep 2010, 3:23 PM
After trying unsucesfully to embed a list in my vbox container I came across DataView, and while that works well, I need to fire events on them selecting a particular item.

How would I go about this, or where should I start looking ?

evant
28 Sep 2010, 3:26 PM
There's no reason you can't, List extends Panel (indirectly), so chances are you were doing something a bit funky.

qbert65536
28 Sep 2010, 3:43 PM
Probably, the behavior I'm seeing is that it extends vertically behind the previous items that I've added, if I add the list as the last item, it takes up the whole screen.

I'll work on a small example of what I'm doing.

qbert65536
28 Sep 2010, 4:55 PM
Hmm it must have been something I was doing, as now it works fine.

However I'm noticing Ext.List is reseting the list component, so that if I scroll down a few lines, it automatically scrolls back up : http://www.the-music-collective.com/listenDev/mobile/index.html ( on the now playing tab )

How do I prevent this behavior, so if you scroll down 50% of the way, it won't scroll back up ?

Also, off topic, I notice that everytime I render my app initially in google chrome 6.0.472.63 beta on windows 7, the now playing which is a 'vbox' container in a tab panel, the top values are rendered on top of one another, is this just a chrome bug ? After refreshing , or resizing, the problem goes away.

blessan
28 Sep 2010, 8:47 PM
You might waana try doComponenetLayout() or doLayout()

qbert65536
29 Sep 2010, 11:58 AM
Hmm, it seems to keep it from snapping back up I need to Override Ext.util.Scroller.onScrollEnd (), I'll start a new post about this scrolling behavior with a fix when I find one.