PDA

View Full Version : SenchaCon: Help me choose the best community contributions

brian.moeskau
1 Oct 2010, 11:07 AM
Hey folks,

If you haven't been following the SenchaCon 2010 schedule closely, I'll be moderating a panel discussion on day 2 called Ext JS Component Makers (session details (http://www.sencha.com/conference/sessions/session.php?sid=280)). I'm hoping to round up 8-10 community members who represent some of the best UX'es / plugins / 3rd party frameworks / etc. currently available in the community. Each presenter would get about 5 minutes to pitch their project in front of the conference and discuss any interesting details they'd like to about their development.

Have you written a popular UX or plugin?
Do you offer a framework or other developer-oriented project built on Ext JS?
Have you been using a UX or plugin that you love?

I'll be discussing my own Calendar Pro project, and I'm hoping to have a diverse group on the panel. Please give me your suggestions for any project that you think would fit well into such a panel and I'll take it from there. Thanks!

BTW, if you're attending the conference please stop by and say hello!

brian.moeskau
9 Oct 2010, 7:51 PM
A friendly bump. I've contacted a bunch of potential participants already, but if anyone has any suggestions or would like to volunteer your own components for the panel, please reply here or send me a PM. Thanks!

evant
9 Oct 2010, 7:58 PM
I'll sticky this for you.

brian.moeskau
9 Oct 2010, 8:04 PM
Cool, thanks Evan!

syscobra
10 Oct 2010, 6:44 AM
Without doubt i would post my vote for Ext.ux.form.SuperBoxSelect ...
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?69307-3.x-Ext.ux.form.SuperBoxSelect

The HighCharts plugin is cool too... but i stick this one as a really useful one...

carl23934
10 Oct 2010, 6:48 PM
Awesome Uploader (http://jsjoy.com/awesomeuploader)?

Flash + JS integration is neat.

Also, it is web 3.0ish with utilization of the file API and XHR2. It will even do base64 encoding with native apis if they are available for old POST style uploads! OMG!

steffenk
11 Oct 2010, 2:19 AM
Hi Brian,

i'm sure that components from Condor, Animal and Saki are very popular, from my remember i would mention DataTips, fitToParent, LovCombo, dynamicGridColumns etc. Also a short view in user extension forum shows the most popular ones, the ones with most posts.

iv_ekker
26 Oct 2010, 12:17 AM
Hi Brian,

I am convinced that a "Simple on-line theme builder for ExtJS 3.x" very significant contribution to community!
Because it not only the tool for developers, but already some thousand constructed and unloaded themes, hundreds unloadings of source codes and the application, visitors from more, than 75 countries, 17 parameters for theme construction, support all versions ExtJS, since 3.0 and at all has no button Donation!
I am very happy with myself!
Excuse for impudence and bad english!
;)

Kind regards,
Sergei Chentsov.

brian.moeskau
31 Oct 2010, 8:23 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that the demo lineup has been set, and I think people will be quite pleased. The participants will be:

Me
Mats Bryntse
Nige "Animal" White
Tobias Uhlig
Jay Garcia
Menno "Condor" Avegaart
Doug Hendricks

With the exception of a few folks who couldn't make it to the conference (ahem, Saki) this represents some of the absolute top names in Ext development and forum involvement. Please plan on coming out to hear directly from the best of best on what it takes to develop serious Ext components!

ThorstenSuckow
1 Nov 2010, 11:31 AM
Awesome lineup guys! Wish I could've made it!

jay@moduscreate.com
1 Nov 2010, 11:32 AM
I'm going to bring my HD camera to record the session. I hope it comes out OK. :)

mrsunshine
1 Nov 2010, 1:31 PM
Great!! I'll be there