PDA

View Full Version : Ext Designer not starting

abbas
11 Oct 2010, 11:11 PM
Hi mates

I am new to Sencha. I registered and created my account and then downloaded the Ext. Designer. But when I start this program it sticks to the splash screen for login after providing the credentials. And then shows an error message that it couldn't communicate the license server.

What may be the problem. Kindly help me as I need to use this designer software.

Waiting for your help

Thanks

Abbas Ali

jarrednicholls
12 Oct 2010, 9:43 AM
Hi Abbas,

Are you behind a proxy server by chance? You can setup your proxy settings by clicking the "Setup Proxy" link just below the login form. If you are not behind a proxy, we can take the next step in diagnosis.

Thanks,
Jarred

mach_ag
13 Oct 2010, 3:24 AM
Hi Jarred,

I have the same problems with our proxy. I tried a lot of configurations in the proxy setup without success :-( Other software (like browsers or eclipse) works fine. Hence the following two questions:
1. Is it possible to get the license file in another way (by email for e.g.) to avoid further waste of time?
2. In case of buying a license: Will I get in the same trouble?

Thanks for your answers.

Regards,
André

jarrednicholls
13 Oct 2010, 6:34 AM
Hi Andre,

In version 1.0.2, NTLMv2 authentication is not supported. You wouldn't happen to be behind an NTLMv2 based proxy server, would you? The most common one is Microsoft ISA Server, and Squid can also be configured to use NTLMv2 although it is not as common. If your proxy settings aren't working, I'm willing to bet that's the case. In our next release, NTLMv2 authentication is supported.

To answer your first question: yes, if you email designer.feedback [at] sencha.com and ask for an offline user.license file, and provide your username "mach_ag" as well as a MAC address for one of your permanent network interfaces on your computer, I will create a license file for you and email it to you with follow up instructions. The Designer can run offline perfectly fine, it just takes a couple of manual steps to get it activated and updated (which is the case for any offline piece of software).

mach_ag
13 Oct 2010, 7:12 AM
Great, it works!

Thanks for your highspeed support,
André

jarrednicholls
13 Oct 2010, 7:25 AM
Perfect, thanks for letting me know. Enjoy!