PDA

View Full Version : Ext Designer Webinar

Urkman
18 Oct 2010, 12:10 AM
Hello,

I couldn't attend the Ext Designer Webinar, so I tried to watch the recording at http://sencha.com/x/5q.
But I can't start it... It simply says "connecting...", when I download it, it only says "loading...".

What can I do to watch it?

I tried it using OSX 10.6.4...

Thanks and greetings,
Urkman

jarrednicholls
18 Oct 2010, 5:38 AM
Hi Urkman,

I too am having trouble playing it back using the Network Recorder app from WebEx. It's stuck on "buffering..." and doesn't appear to be buffering. But, I also tried to download the file and it's downloading quite slow...so it could be just really slow to buffer.

I'll attempt to download it today and perhaps convert it to an h264 video or something.

Urkman
18 Oct 2010, 5:59 AM
Hello jarrednicholls,

thanks for your answer :)

I too am having trouble playing it back using the Network Recorder app from WebEx. It's stuck on "buffering..." and doesn't appear to be buffering. But, I also tried to download the file and it's downloading quite slow...so it could be just really slow to buffer.

I allready downloaded it. But no luck, it only says "loading..."....

I'll attempt to download it today and perhaps convert it to an h264 video or something.

This would be great :-)

Greetings,
Urkman

jarrednicholls
18 Oct 2010, 6:22 AM
Ok. I downloaded it and it plays okay for me in the WebEx Network Recording Player. I will attempt to get this bad boy into a mp4 and I'll post a link to it on the forums here.

Thanks,
Jarred

jarrednicholls
18 Oct 2010, 10:24 AM
It's currently being converted, and will take about another 2 hours and 30 minutes.... :-) The conversion is in real-time, and the webinar is quite long.

Urkman
19 Oct 2010, 2:23 AM
Hello jarrednicholls,

are you ready with the conversion?

Thanks and greetings,
Urkman

jarrednicholls
19 Oct 2010, 5:42 AM
Hey Urkman,

It's actually still converting! It's been doing this process for over 19 hours now. I'm using the WebEx tool "nbr2mp4", and it's quite slow. I'm starting to wonder if it's actually doing anything :-) It's certainly chewing up a little more than one of the cores on my machine. I'll give it until the end of the day.

Thanks, and sorry for the wait.

Urkman
19 Oct 2010, 6:11 AM
Hello jarrednicholls,

thanks for your help... What else can I do to get it running?
Is this problem mac related?

Hope you get it :-)

Greetings,
Urkman

jarrednicholls
19 Oct 2010, 6:13 AM
The downloaded file played fine on my OS X machine (snow leopard), so I wouldn't say it's mac related per se. Have you tried viewing it on another machine by chance?

Urkman
19 Oct 2010, 6:34 AM
Yes, on an iMac and a MacBook... Both running 10.6.4...

jarrednicholls
20 Oct 2010, 4:40 AM
So this conversion was still running as of this morning, and reached 450mb. I've decided that this process was never going to finish...and if it did, the file would be so huge that it wouldn't matter. I tried to watch the raw h.264 video that was being outputted and it was completely corrupted, so I think it was all in vein. I will attempt again, or even as a last resort, somehow pipe the audio and video output from the .arf into another encoder by hand. I'll let you know what comes of this.