PDA

View Full Version : Winner must be available to attend Sencha conference

run4it
18 Oct 2010, 12:44 PM
I noticed in the full rules that the winner must be available to attend the Sencha conference. Is this only for the first prize winner or all top ten winners? Does the winner have to pay for air and hotel out of pocket?

Thanks.

mmullany
20 Oct 2010, 11:17 PM
Hi Run, if you're the winner, we'll pay for your hotel and air for the conference, as long as you're not chartering a G6.

aldian
23 Oct 2010, 1:48 PM
As I read the rule, I noticed that the big 10 should attend the conference to allow them to move to big 3. Is that right?
So will Sencha pay for the flight, hotel, and conference pass for the big 10 also?

mmullany
24 Oct 2010, 11:35 AM
Hi Aldian,

No, that is not the case. The final app from the big 10 has to be submitted the week before the conference, and the winner gets their trip paid for.

-- michael

KJedi
27 Oct 2010, 11:17 PM
And what if I'm a winner from Ukraine? My expences are flight(~$1000) and visa(~$300). Moreover, visa should be claimed 2 weeks beforehand.
Is there a possibility to arrange video call instead? I think that will be much cheaper and result is nearly the same.

Or will this problem with getting to the conference be the reason not to include me into top 3 winners?